Why does my car battery always need to be replaced?
Throughout the life of your automobile, have you found that you have had to replace the battery quite frequently? This is not only a huge hassle, but a costly problem as well. Batteries are not cheap! While there occasionally may be a problem with the battery itself, oftentimes there may be things happening with how the vehicle is running or being used that could be contributing to a short battery life. Do you find yourself asking, “Why does my car battery always need to be replaced?” Read on for a few possible reasons.
Reasons your car battery may be draining too quickly
- You’re leaving the headlights or dome lights on. This is one of the most common mistakes we humans can make with our vehicles, and leaving these lights on when we are not using the vehicle could drain the battery.
- Leaving the radio or other electronics on while the car is shut off.
- Damage to the battery connections. Corroded or loose connections can cause trouble for the battery and could be getting in the way of proper functionality.
- Extreme climate. While this is not something you can necessarily fix, living in a climate that is frequently extremely hot or extremely cold can put more wear on the battery.
- Issues with the charging system could be causing problems.
Some of these are habits or actions you can change, but if there is a deeper problem with your vehicle’s charging or electrical system, it would be best to have a professional take a look at it to get to the root of the problem. Stay in touch with the Honda of Victoria blog for more tips and tricks!