How to Connect and Use Apple CarPlay® in Your Honda
Our busy lives demand that we stay connected every minute of the day, even when we are on the road. But checking your phone should never lead to dangerous driving. That is why most Honda models come equipped with Apple CarPlay®, a software that allows you to access your iPhone from the vehicle’s touchscreen, keeping you connected while you’re on the go. When this system is activated, drivers can access their favorite apps without the need to take their eyes off the road. Continue reading to learn how to connect and use Apple CarPlay® in your Honda vehicle.
Steps to Setup Apple CarPlay® In Your 2020 Hond
- Make sure your iPhone has the latest software update.
- Use a certified cable to connect your iPhone to the USB port.
- Plug the USB connector into the USB Smartphone/Audio Interface, identified by the smartphone icon on your center console.
- After connecting the iPhone, go to the Display Audio home screen.
- The first time you use Apple CarPlay®, a consent screen will appear asking you to agree to terms and conditions.
- Once you confirm, another message will pop up asking if you would like Apple CarPlay® to Enable Once, Always Enable, or Cancel. Select your preferred option and confirm.
- When enabled, an Apple CarPlay® icon will appear on your display screen; touch the icon to bring up the menu of apps from your iPhone.
- To return to the display screen, touch the Honda icon.
How Do I Use the Apps Through Apple CarPlay®?
The easiest way to use the apps on your iPhone is through Siri®, Apple’s voice recognition feature. You can ask Siri to perform multiple tasks using verbal commands, such as reading and responding to text messages, placing phone calls, giving directions, playing songs, and providing a weather forecast. To engage Siri, simply press and hold the TALK button on your steering wheel until the system responds.
How Do I Delete a Phone From Apple CarPlay®?
You can remove a device that was previously connected through your Honda following these simple steps:
- From the Display Audio home screen, touch Settings, then Smartphone, then select Apple CarPlay®.
- Select the phone that you would like to remove from the list that appears.
- Select Delete from the list of options displayed and confirm the change.
Enjoying Apple CarPlay® on your Honda is as easy as following these simple steps. Still, if you have any more questions, we are here to help! Contact our friendly team at Honda of Victoria and we will be happy to walk you through the process or assist you with any connection issues. If your vehicle does not include this feature and you are considering buying a new Honda model, check out our online inventory to see what we have in stock and find your perfect match.