How can you stay safe in a public parking garage?
If you have ever ventured out on a trip to a new city, you have likely had to use a public parking ramp. Maybe you even have to use one on a daily basis on your commute to and from work or school. These places can be scary, especially at night. How can you stay safe in a public parking garage? We have some tips.
Precautionary measures to take
- Use your smartphone to take a picture of where you parked, such as which level and which stall, so you are not wandering aimlessly when you return to your vehicle.
- Park close to the elevator if possible so your walk back is a short one.
- Make sure all valuables in your car are out of sight.
- Lock all of your doors and make sure all windows are closed.
- Walk with confidence.
- Refrain from texting or even conducting a phone call while walking through the parking garage. You must be alert to your surroundings.
- Have your keys ready before you arrive at your vehicle.
- If it is not necessary, do not carry large amounts of cash with you.
- Keep a close eye on your surroundings.
- Do not be afraid to ask for assistance from security personnel if you feel unsafe.
The main takeaway is to always be aware of your environment and to be as quick as possible. Don’t stick around longer than necessary. Stay in touch with the Honda of Victoria blog for more tips and tricks!